Addlestone Hebrew Academy at a Glance
Established in 1956, Addlestone Hebrew Academy is one of the oldest Jewish Day Schools in the country and the only Jewish Day School in Charleston, South Carolina. With students from across the Jewish spectrum, AHA is proud that our school serves as a meeting point for the entire Jewish community, and is proud that we have educated multiple generations in Charleston. Since its inception, Addlestone Hebrew Academy has been synonymous for excellence in both General and Jewish Education, for fostering leadership skills and for inspiring each child to connect to their own unique Jewish identity. As a STEAM school, Addlestone uses Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math in General and Judaic classes to educate the whole child and engages students in a manner that prepares them for 21st century learning.
A Uniquely Addlestone Experience
We are proud to offer the following services:
- Classes from 18 months to 8th grade with early drop off options
- Lions’ Den after school program
- After-school activities such as Robotics, Basketball Team, Karate and the School Play.
- STEAM summer camp
- Annual 8th grade Israel trip
- Trilingual instruction
- Full array of Judaic programs, including weekly Shabbat celebration
- NAEYC accreditation in our Early Childhood, AdvancEd.
- Small class sizes
- STEAM education and special classes in Music, Art and Drama
In the fall of 2015, the school moved to it's own free-standing, state-of-the-art facility. Featuring the latest technology the school is designed to support the curriculum and collaborative needs of today’s learning environments. The layout includes two kosher kitchens, classrooms, multi-purpose spaces, small teaching areas and breakout learning spaces.