Addlestone Hebrew Academy is an independent Jewish day school founded in 1956. The school moved to a joint campus with the JCC in 1987. In the fall of 2015, the school moved to it’s own free-standing, state-of-the-art facility.
The school began under the auspices of Brith Sholom Beth Israel Congregation, the Orthodox synagogue, with the BSBI rabbi as Rabbinic Dean. The constitution was amended in 2003 to change our affiliation to RAVSAK, the Jewish Community Day School Network. This eliminated the position of Rabbinic Dean and brought in collaboration with the community rabbis, while leaving matters of Jewish Law under BSBI. Our student body and school board are representative of all Charleston area Jewish congregations (Reform, Conservative, Orthodox and unaffiliated).